Dec 07, 2023  
2021-2022 Graduate Catalog 
2021-2022 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Graduate Admissions


To enroll in a graduate program at Campbellsville University requires that you complete a separate set of processes for both the Graduate School and the individual school/college of the program you are pursuing. It is important for you to keep records of what you have done and for whom.

The first step is to apply. An enrollment counselor will work with you to gather the necessary documentation that the school/college will use to determine your eligibility and potential admission. Upon receipt of the required documentation, the school will evaluate your credentials and inform you of their decision.

Graduate Enrollment Process

Application and Transcripts

All candidates must submit the following to the Office of Graduate Enrollment.

  • Graduate Application - Submitted either online or with a paper application. Online application available at
  • Official Transcripts - An official copy of transcripts for any and all of the following:
    • The institution granting your bachelor’s degree.
    • The institution granting any master’s or doctoral level degrees.
    • Institutions where you did post-baccalaureate, graduate or doctoral level work.
    • Official transcripts cannot be hand-delivered or sent via the applicant. They must come directly from the academic institution and/or transcript service provider.

Additional Documentation

Each school/college determines the admissions requirements for their graduate programs. Additional documentation can include exam scores (such as the PRAXIS or GRE), reference letters, resume, statement of purpose, etc. These are required for an acceptance decision to be made.

An enrollment counselor will work with prospective students to secure all required documentation.

Have all documentation sent to:

Campbellsville University
Attn: Graduate Enrollment
1 University Drive UPO 805
Campbellsville, KY 42718

Transfer Credits

Transfer credits will be evaluated and granted upon by each school/college dean. No more than one-third, or 33%, of the degree program can be transferred in. The school/college reserves the right to refuse transfer credit.

No letter grade below a “B” will be considered for transferability into graduate programs.

The University does not accept transfer credit from non-regionally accredited institutions.

International Student Enrollment

Test of English as a Foreign Language - TOEFL

The TOEFL is required for all international applicants whose primary language is not English and who are not graduates of a college/university in the United States.

Paper based score minimum of 550; internet based score of 79-80 is required for all programs.

Alternative testing options in lieu of TOEFL:

International English Language Testing System - IELTS
Score 6.0 or higher.

Pearson Test of English - PTE
Score 53 or higher.

Test of English for International Communication - TOEIC
Score 600 or higher.

Financial Aid

Any US resident student seeking financial aid must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA can be accessed at:

Qualifying graduate students can receive Federal Direct student loans.

Student Technology Services

Students are provided and encouraged to use a student email account. More information is available from Information Technology, 270.789.5012.

Students are provided a secure account on Tigernet, the online portal providing access to academic, financial, and other services. Access is gained through use of a personal identification number (PIN) that is issued during the admissions process.

Students taking online courses are provided a secure account on Moodle, the content management system (CMS) where course content is delivered. Credentials for accessing Moodle are the same as for Tigernet.

Personal identification numbers (PIN) are managed by the Registrar’s Office. A request for a PIN reset must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office in person, by phone, by fax, or by email with identity verification required. The PIN is issued in person only to the student, by regular mail to the physical address on file at the time of the request, or by e-mail to any address on file at the time of the request. The student should carefully guard his or her PIN and not share it with anyone.

Financial Assistance

Federal regulations require that all students who receive any federal or state financial assistance make measurable academic progress toward a degree at Campbellsville University.  Progress is determined quantitatively (hours attempted versus hours earned and time frame) and qualitatively (GPA). Progress is monitored at the conclusion of spring and summer semesters. Those students readmitted to Campbellsville will be evaluated for SAP upon registering for classes.


A minimum standard for full-time enrollment at the graduate level is 6 credit hours per term. A minimum standard for part-time enrollment (at least half-time) at the graduate level is 3 credit hours per semester.  Part-time enrollment (at least half-time) at the graduate level requires a student to be taking at least half of the course load of a full-time student. The definition of full-time used for student financial aid purposes can differ from the definition used for other purposes at the institution, such as the definition used by the Office of the Registrar.


Graduate majors at Campbellsville vary in length so an average of the program length   for Master degrees is used. The maximum time frame in which a student must complete his/her degree cannot exceed more than 150% of the published length of the student’s major.Please refer to the information below for the correct calculation.  All terms and credit hours attempted are used toward the maximum time frame allowance regardless of whether the student received financial aid.  All repeated courses, failed courses, withdrawals, courses taken from a change of major and transferred hours will count as credit hours attempted toward the maximum time frame.
In order to complete the necessary number of credit hours to complete a degree at Campbellsville at an acceptable rate, students must complete two-thirds (2/3) of all hours attempted.  All attempted hours will be totaled and multiplied by 67% (.67) to determine the number of credit hours a student must have earned. Grades of W, I, and F and transfer hours are counted as attempted hours, however grades of W, I, and F will NOT be counted as earned hours. Retaking courses will add to the attempted total but will count only once as an earned credit.
Fall Hours Attempted
Spring Hours Attempted
Total Amount 12 x .67 (2/3)
Student Must Earn
6 x .67 (2/3)


The minimum acceptable grade point average for graduate students is 3.0. Notification of Results:Students who do not meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements will be notified via email within two weeks of the conclusion of the semester.

How to Regain Eligibility:

Quantitative-Maximum Time Frame
To regain eligibility, the student must graduate and advance to a new career level (graduate to doctoral).
Quantitative-Hours Attempted vs. Hours Earned
To regain eligibility, the student must take courses at their own expense in a subsequent term or terms and meet the standards according to the cumulative credit hour completion ratio outlined above under the heading Quantitative. Once the student has taken the courses and earned passing grades, he/she will need to notify the Office of Financial Aid to complete a clearance form.
To regain eligibility, the student must complete courses at their own expense at Campbellsville and raise their cumulative GPA to the acceptable standard. Once they have completed the courses and raised their GPA, they will need to notify the Office of Financial Aid to complete a clearance form.

Right to Appeal

If there were extenuating circumstances (injury, illness, death of a relative) that prevented the student from meeting the standards of the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy, then the student has a right to file an appeal with the Committee for Financial Aid Appeals. In this appeal, the student must explain the following items:
  1. The reason why he/she did not meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress; and
  2. What has changed not that will allow the student to make satisfactory academic progress at the next evaluation.
If the appeal is approved by the Office of Financial aid, the student will be placed on probation for one term and after the probationary period, the student must be making academic progress or successfully following an academic plan that has been developed for them.